• We Either Watch Goat Races or Put the country in Order

    We Either Watch Goat Races or Put the country in Order0

    The year  2005 will go down the annals of history as a year of deep-seated betrayal of Uganda’s constituents by their elected representatives. In 2005 an important piece of principle was deleted from our Supreme law. Parliament in its wisdom or lack of, through Constitutional amendment removed the legal provision that barred a President from

    READ MORE
  • Month of Breast Protests in Uganda

    Month of Breast Protests in Uganda0

    I was sitting in the living room with my mother and grandmother as we watched the news broadcast of the women in Amuru on NTV Uganda. On 16th April, 2015, women stripped before the Minister of Land and Minister of Internal Affairs over a land dispute. “It’s a curse,” my mother said. My grandmother agreed.

    READ MORE
  • A National Transitional Council could be Uganda’s only chance

    A National Transitional Council could be Uganda’s only chance0

    Political stability provides for change of power peacefully. It provides for harmonious transition from one generation to another. This in essence fosters national development in terms of ensuring peace and security upon which economic development thrives. This is why in a country like Uganda where political stability has been elusive for over 52 years; Museveni’s

    READ MORE
  • Zambia’s chaotic land administration

    Zambia’s chaotic land administration0

    Zambia is in a bizarre position when it comes to land administration and management. No one knows how much land is available for various purposes. For over 20 years the Zambian government has insisted that only 6% of land in Zambia is state land the remaining 94% is customary. The truth is that a lot

    READ MORE
  • Who will defend press freedom in Zambia

    Who will defend press freedom in Zambia0

    An important article on the ongoing attack on press freedom in Zambia by Bruce Chooma. Media freedom is important because as Nobel Laureate Amartya Sen reminds us “development is freedom”. The work of journalists is becoming increasingly difficult in Zambia due to growing intolerance by the state to independent media and a rise in cases

    READ MORE

Top Authors

Twitter